How To Adjust Your Garage Door Chain
NOTE: This page contains Amazon.com affiliate links that compensate the owner of this site but do not impact the price you pay. Learn More.
Your garage door chain drives your door, so it’s a vital part of any garage door opener system.
In this short video clip, Jacob Swenson of Specialized Garage Doors in Salt Lake City, Utah, walks us through the process of adjusting your door chain.
- Although the video doesn’t mention it, unplug the unit before adjusting your garage door chain. If you do not, you’ll run the risk of the opener engaging and hurting someone.
- The trolley needs to be disengaged while adjusting tension.
- Slack b/w the chain and rail should be 0.5 inches at midpoint, when open.
Need A Professional?
Hire A Garage Door Specialist Near You
- repair your garage door
- replace garage door parts
- get a fair, fixed-price deal
- free price quote